Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Toddler babble

I went "on holiday" as some say and took the kids to my folk's house for a four-day weekend. Beach, zoo, party, Disneyland, and a butterfly garden. I left Hubby at home to put a swamp cooler in the garage and took a friend. We got sunburned. My knees hurt. We didn't get home until after midnight after an infant-induced long drive home. It was wonderful. I must do this again.

So, little A said a few classic lines while there. First, she is a reluctant potty-trainer. S at five months uses the toilet much better than nearing-three A, who finds thirty-one different uses for toilet paper other than its intended profession. It can be tiring, so I left her in the loo alone for awhile. After more time than an attentive parent would like to admit, I checked in on her to see if, as my family often says, she had fallen in. She had! She said, "Mommy, I fell in! But I put soap on my butt!" as if that made it all ok.

On the road home, we were discussing what letters words started with. N, newly five and reading more and more every day, mentioned that Tomato (infant daughter's nickname) starts with "T." A replied, "Star starts with Patrick!"

If you are not a fan of square, panted sponges, you can not appreciate that comment enough.

1 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, June 29, 2005, Blogger Tulipmania said...

Too cute! Soap on the butt. I'm so glad you got away and had some fun. That is just wonderful! Disneyland--you're so brave!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next