Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Odd news from Addis Ababa

Lions Save Kidnapped Girl

As much as I may complain about our current President and his boot-licking Toadies, I'm very glad I don't live in Ethiopia. I can't imagine living with the knowledge my girls have a greater chance of being kidnapped and brutally forced into marriage than graduating from college. I can't rely on the kindness of lions.

As a biologist, I don't buy the "mewling kitten" theory behind these lions' behavior. Cubs from another pride or defeated sire are usually killed. But, still, it's got to be nice for that girl and her family knowing lions protected her, for whatever reason. Nothing like having a huge cat on your side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next