Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What, a good weekend?

Yah! I think I've found the secret to stopping PPD freakouts - keep busy outside the home. Welllll, it worked this long weekend. I suppose by this coming weekend I won't be able to shirk my homemaking duties.

Saturday we went to a Paiute Pow-Wow. N desperately wanted to join in with the dancers, but they never did have an all-dance (I think I remember it being called a Circle Dance when we last visited a Pow-Wow, pre-kids), so she was very disappointed. Now she wants to make a Native American jingle dress. Oh gosh, that should take forever, eh? Maybe I should make it about eight sizes too big so she'll be able to wear it when it's finally done. I think I'll forgo the snuff cans, too. I'm sure I can find something a little less addicting.

Sunday was a barbeque at friends. Like-minded positive parenting Bush-hating liberals. Very cathartic.

Monday was swimming at another friend's house.

So, effectively, I didn't have all day to mope around the house looking at all that needed to be done but doing nothing about it. Instead, I got to be out of the house, still with the family, and only had limited time to mope about the house looking at all that needed to be done but still doing nothing. I didn't reach the flash point of ill-kept-beetle-infested-where-is-the-vacuum-and-how-did-all-these-dishes-pile-up housing. Unfortunately, this weekend away was at the expense of stuff Hubby wanted to do at the house. So, for sure, next weekend I'll be at home. I hope that moping doesn't have a long half-life, or next weekend the flash-point will be reached pretty fast.

Anyways, for now, good days, good days. I actually dare to feel a tad refreshed.

2 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, May 31, 2005, Blogger Tulipmania said...

Good. That's so good you are finding ways to cope with PPD and finding things to do for relief. When I was at my worst, I just couldn't socialize at all and I got really isolated and worse. It was terrible.

 
At 6:59 AM, June 01, 2005, Blogger Katherine Zander said...

Well, it's a caliope of emotions. I think getting away from a huge source of frusteration right now helped. But, soon enough, I suppose something will make anyone who dares look at me sideways, or even full-on, a source of extreme duress.

Where to turn then.

Oh, yeah, chocolate!

Too bad I can't grow my own chocolate tree here!

Thanks, Tulip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next