Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Row v. Wade

Yes, this is a pun, not a spelling mistake.

Being a working mom sucks. Work pulls me one way, family pulls me another, and sometimes it's impossible to keep from being torn to pieces from the stress.

Tomorrow, I have a work meeting. Fine, I can usually handle work meetings. Even if they promise to be a bit contentious, as this one does. But, usually I'm not psychotic with PPD. And during this meeting, from what I'm gathering, I won't have a chance to pump, and I definately won't have a chance to go home at lunch to nurse S since we're having a working lunch.

Something has to give, but what? Do I row with my group, ironing out stuff, or do I wade around, keeping my family obligations of feeding my infant daughter but trying to keep up with the folks in the boat? Actually, it feels like I'm treading water, too deep to wade in, and I'm getting tired fast.

Other working moms don't get the chance to go home at lunch, I should be fine with missing one lunch at home. Even if she is just four months old. My EBM stash will be gone by the end of the day, though, as I have a tough time just keeping up with her demand, much less creating a stockpile. So, I see formula in her future. Not terrible, lots of families supplement ----..... but, it's just one more thing to give up for work. Work that really means diddly-squat in the grand scheme of things. And one more thing to give up or stress over because someone else panics. How much more do I have to give up because of someone else's choices? When do I make the choice to say ENOUGH?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next