Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Reunite Gondwanaland

My Husband made me a hat once. A basic white baseball cap I used during field work. He painted a map of a late Devonian Earth on it, and emblazoned it with the slogan, "Reunite Gondwanaland."




It was my pet Cause. Everyone needs a Cause, and when I adopted it as a college student, it was the only Cause I could afford to promote. It also affirmed my position as a Geek, and an evolutionist geographer Geek at that.

It still has a place in my heart.

Now, I see a new Gondwanaland Cause approaching. One just as impossible, I think, to achieve. The Cause for the nomination of a Supreme Court Justice who believes in personal rights as opposed to State Control. Sigh.

I guess we could have worse than John Roberts. I just don't know much about the guy beyond that he's a Federalist, and every pundit I hear is saying, "He's such a nice guy!"

Isn't that what the neighbors said about Jeffrey Dahmer?

Here's hoping he doesn't rape and consume America for breakfast.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, July 23, 2005, Blogger eric said...

jon stewart seems all hung up that he's an attractive man. who knows, maybe he'll surprise us even though he's a bush nominee ... like souter.

e+

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next