Monday, July 11, 2005

Alright Senator Specter!

Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) is going to propose returning federal funding to stem cell research this Tuesday!

Sen. Specter is undergoing chemotherapy, giving him a first-hand account of the ravages of chemo. He said, "Yeah, well, I am [amgry], as a matter of fact. Try a few chemotherapy treatments and see how you feel" while watching the debate over medical funding.

What really peeves me about the debate over funding stem cell research is the comments like that from Sen. Sam Brownback (R-KS) who said, "I don't want to see us destroy additional human lives with taxpayer dollars." This from people who support destroying human lives every day in Iraq. I'm sick of my tax dollars going to THAT! I'd much rather my taxes go to things like medical research, Pell Grants and other social causes.

Go Specter!

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, July 14, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

I hole heartedly agree... it seems you and I have much in common! I cannot take one more "every human life is precious" comment from an administration how has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent iraqi people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next