Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Vinnie The Tampon Case Man

Sara sent me on a merry distraction with a link to AdiosBarbie. I particularly liked the aticle on Vinnie the tampon case guy, and the ending quote from Vinnie, ""So, there I am at a Knicks game, talking to a couple of guys...about tampons! I mean, tell me, this has ever happened before?"

To tangent from that, I have to say my years of ttc, pregnancy loss, and successful pregnancies have made me less shy about feminine bodily functions, from split nipples to blood clot sizes. M Brandon Robbins inspired a draft post once when he commented on how he never knew about breast pumps, "But then again I'm a single guy with no kids so I wouldn't know would I?" I never finished the post, but now's a good time just to mention that there was once a time I wouldn't speak of such things at all. I successfully hid from my mother that I had started my periods for several months. How times have changed.

I wonder if I would be so forward about discussing the finer points of cervical mucous if I hadn't had a pregnancy loss? Hmmmmm, another thing to thank my Lost Ones for. It definately makes conversation juicier (sorry, I couldn't resist the pun, hee hee). Not just with women, but I like to get the guys perspective, too. That, and it's still taboo enough to get a bit of a flirtatious thrill out of it.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, July 24, 2005, Blogger Sara said...

I usually just say "slime," but I find that "cervical fluid" is usually better received.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next