Thursday, January 19, 2006

Will work for Gucci

Hmmmm, what's up in the Yahoo news today....

More dead in Iraq. Something about Bin Laden on tape. Bickering between White House and Congress. Look, I don't have much time, give me something I can use...

What? Bonuses, Salaries for New MBAs Hit Record Damn! Get me some of that action! Too bad my MBA is close to eight years old. Signing bonuses? Starting salaries twice my current? Yah, I might consider wearing pantyhose for a $40,000 sign-on check. I could buy some reeeealllllly nice hose with that. Maybe even some stylin' shoes that are also comfortable.

The catch is threefold: First, mainly consulting and investment firms are hiring. So NOT family-friendly, although things are slowly changing from the top on that in some firms. Still, I bet financial consulting is better than biological consulting, though - less toxic waste to wade around in (thank you, Dames and Moore for sending me on THAT slice of Heaven... bastards), nicer places than on the roadside of Interstate 15 to work in, and, oh yeah, over five times the salary for the same 100 hours a week of work. Second, I'm old, a mom, and don't own a suit. No one would hire me. Third, where in the hell do you find these jobs? I can never find them.

If you're looking to hire an old, matronly, fashion-impaired, bitter, rabidly protective of her time MBA, I'm your woman. Drop me a line, and we'll do lunch.

5 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, January 22, 2006, Blogger erinberry said...

Yeah, I have an MBA (only 4 1/2 years old) and my salary is nowhere near that average!!

 
At 7:45 AM, January 23, 2006, Blogger Katherine Zander said...

Perhaps MBAs, unlike fine wine, decrease in value as time passes.

Too bad,too, 'cuz I have a nice fruity bouquet.

How's this: Either of us gets a choice, family-friendly position, we hire the other. Deal?

 
At 1:02 PM, January 24, 2006, Blogger erinberry said...

Sounds good!

 
At 10:07 PM, January 24, 2006, Blogger eric said...

my wife got a master's and i still make more money than her. sucka!

seriously, though ... start yourself a church. you won't have to pay taxes and you get all kinds of perks. there's always a demand for those.

e+

 
At 9:44 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Katherine Zander said...

Eric -

Problem is getting people to tithe to me. And then that awkward feeling of having to do something good with the money.


Nah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next