Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's been so long....

C'mon everyone, say it, "How long is it?"

It's been so long since I've posted here that I had to use a link from another blog to find my way here. I had forgotten my url.

Of course, that could be because I've been up since around 4 this morning, and my mind is a bit addled.

I woke up with an awful, powerful, mouth-watering urge to vomit. I'm not sure why, it could be the stress of the midterm election today (if you're reading this blog, then you probably will vote the way I want you to - so get out there and VOTE, dammit. Unless, of course, you haven't realized how scary this country has become and you're happy with children being tortured. In that case, here, have a few muffins and believe that you still have a few days left to get to the polls). More probably, though, it's the aftermath of my attempts to rid the house of all that Halloween candy - primarily through my digestive tract.

Whatever the reason, damn, I just don't know how the bulemics do it. Running into the bathroom, drooling like one of Pavlov's dogs, I caught one whiff of that commode and I had to swallow my bile. I simply could not yawn in technicolor (as we said in college). Somehow, I'm keeping these toxins in my belly, and if that keeps stomach acid from going up my nose, all the better.

One benefit to this morning's indigestion is that I have some time to blog. I log in and get a blazing dial-up speed of 45.2 Kbps - the fastest I've ever seen with Earthlink. Oh, yes, I'm still on dial-up. You have a problem with that, you you-tube linking bloggers who base a whole week's of discussion based on a clip I have no hope of viewing? I may have dial-up, and drive a Kia, but at least I have a 401k. I have noticed, though, that the faster my connection speed, the slower things load. I was able to win three games of Freecell before I could get from login to new post with Blogger.

There has been much to blog about, but somehow life gets in the way. Life, death, marriage, affairs, adoptions, Disneyland, sewing Halloween costumes, work, school, homework, playdates, and that perpetually grimey floorcovering we loosely call carpet, I've been pretty busy either mulling over friends, family, or carpet cleaners.

See, if we just were able to pick up the house, maybe we could get a carpet cleaner in here. I have one of those "steam cleaners", but it's just not going to do that job here.

I can't promise I'm back. But at least I now know where my blog is.

I

7 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, November 07, 2006, Blogger Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

She's alive! Woohoo!

 
At 7:54 AM, November 07, 2006, Blogger Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

And I'm sorry your belly's acting up, KZ.

 
At 4:52 PM, November 08, 2006, Blogger erinberry said...

Glad everything's ok - Hope your stomach is too!

 
At 4:04 PM, November 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling right as rain by now. But dang I just posted a link to a fabulouse youtube video I just know you'd love and now I know you aren't going to be able to watch it...dang.

 
At 4:05 PM, November 11, 2006, Blogger Katherine said...

Oops that anonymous one was me

 
At 8:53 PM, November 13, 2006, Blogger eric said...

i almost gave up on you.

e+

 
At 7:49 PM, November 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto.

I had to look over at Pop's Bucket blog to find my link. It's been almost five months for me.

I just posted tonight. And read.

it's like a breath of fresh air.

Take care,
Rory

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next