Friday, November 25, 2005

You wanna know why I'm at work?

Because I hate shopping. Thank the Goddess for the internet - I found some really cool toys for the girls in just a few minute's time (every kid gets a jack-in-the-box!), with only needing to use my middle finger for the letters E and I.

Because, you see, the real pisser for the season isn't dysfunctional in-laws or toy advertisements on Nick Jr., no, it's Mall Traffic.

nomall

Even when I'm not TRYING to get to the mall, everyone else is, so I get jammed behind me-first-and-f-the-reindeer-you-flew-in-on mall shoppers flipping each other off while I'm driving to Wild Oats for some bulger. Wish they had on-line ordering.

Nope, today, Black Friday, I'm enjoying a nearly-empty office and no malls between me and my drive home.

Dinner, sadly, will have no bulger.

4 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, November 27, 2005, Blogger Katherine Zander said...

Check out live and learn , and go to the link for jack-in-the-boxes. I found a JITB perfect for my ten-month-old - plastic, no small parts, durable, bright colors, various other things it does besides a popping toy.

 
At 3:03 PM, November 27, 2005, Blogger Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

I love online shopping! No having to watch out for nasty New York drivers (I grew up in Texas and have never gotten used to the rudeness of drivers here), no clerks who are surly because they're undertrained and underpaid, and no lugging packages around. I haven't been to a mall in several years now.

 
At 4:37 PM, November 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the day is aptly named - black friday - only not for the reasons of retail gain.

I never go anywhere on black friday - too scary!

 
At 9:06 AM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Katherine Zander said...

Katharine, I've worked with a LOT of Texans, and not one of them appreciates a good traffic jam. Go figure. One poor sot found a job in Washington D.C. The beltway was just too much for him, he was so glad to get back to San Antonio. The only reason we go to the mall these days is either for Cinnabuns, or to let the kids play in the mall play area.

Chasmyn - welcome to my blog! I agree - Black Friday to me means something completely different than getting out of the red. Rampant consumerism is a blight on society and environment. I say that, of course, with a full collection of fuzzy pompoms and popsicle sticks for crafts that do nothing other than warm a mom's heart (and break it when they have to finally be thrown away or else the little tribbles will take over the house!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next