Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Disney Princesses gone wild

I've been home for the most part these past two weeks nursing a husband with a whopper of a kidney stone. In addition to being way more productive with work stuff while working at home than I have been at work since I can't remember when, I've been exposed to lots of daytime television. Specifically, daytime commercials. The shows are secondary, as we all know.

So, just a few minutes ago, while Diego was saving a beached humpbacked whale, we saw a commercial for a new Disney princess Christmas movie. At the end, the announcer mentioned "This film not yet rated."

Ok. Ummmmm, does anyone think it will be rated anything other than G? I know there's a Sleeping Beauty book out there that could easily rate an R, maybe even X, but that story doesn't quite fit the Tchaikovsky/Disney model, so I don't think that particular Aurora is being animated. Will there be parents out there who will stave off girlish squeals and tantrums to get this movie simply because they're afraid it may be too risque? Frenching at the wedding? Cleavage pushed up too high? Maybe Belle heavily gravid with kittens (or cubs... or whatever the Beast was)? What would the princesses have to do to garner a PG rating?

Well, since Hubby has introduced the girls to Austin Powers, Monty Python, and Glen or Glenda at very early ages, I don't think a particular phallic-looking Christmas tree will keep us from expanding our already voluminous Disney DVD library.

3 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger eric said...

oh, man, my wife suffered kidney stones in college and finally passed it.

she says percogesic was the best drug.

also, i'm always fascinated by the commercials during "the price is right." they target both the college kids and the geriatric kids.

e+

 
At 8:22 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Ruth said...

We've been watching a lot of Diego these days ... and my boy is particularly in love with the humpback whale story.

Totally sympathy to DH ... I've heard kidney stones are incredibly painful.

 
At 7:05 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger Katherine Zander said...

Eric, TPIR was THE show to watch in the college dorms way back last millenium. Why, I can't say, except that there wasn't much else on. That was before shows like The Tick, you know.

Ruth, Welcome to my blog! For awhile there, I thought Dora's map had sent her on a wicked hunt into deepest darkest Belize or something, as all we saw was Diego. Go, Diego, Go, please, just GO! Nah, really, I think my only issue with Diego is that I no longer do the cool stuff his parents do, and I miss it. Ok, so sucking tortoise blood isn't exactly saving humpback whales, but, Man, I was THERE! I DID it, Man. Don't remind me I work for The Man now.

As for The Stone, it's still there. Going on four weeks now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Progressive Women's Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next